THE survivor of a near-fatal boating accident has spoken out in gratitude to the emergency services that saved his life.
THOUSANDS of horse racing fans and day trippers will be descending on Cartmel today for the opening meet in the Lake District course’s calendar.
POLICE are searching for a 47-year-old man who has gone missing from Barrow.
THE niece of Barrow AFC hotshot Jason Walker is following in her uncle’s footballing footsteps after being called up by England. (2 comments)
BASIL is not a happy cat in his temporary home after spending 12 of his 14 years with the same loving owner.
BIG personalities can come in very small packages – and this year’s winner of The Evening Mail Top Pet Competition certainly made herself known when she collected two of her three prizes.
A MAN'S body has been recovered after being washed up on the shore in Walney.
- Emergency services called after car taken by tide off Walney (2 comments)
- Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
A CHARITY which works to help dyslexic people in their everyday lives has been given a helping hand thanks to a pioneering trust fund.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000? Click here to apply (1 comment)
THE number of new homes being started in England by builders is at its highest levels since 2007, according to government figures
JUST hours before slaughtering his mum and sister with an axe, a killer shouted that he was “the devil” as he waved a knife in the air.
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Millom killer marked 'zero risk' by mental health nurse
- Millom double death inquest - summary
- Neighbour called 999 after witnessing Millom killer's attack on dog
- Millom killer had made attempt on his own life
- Millom double killer has sentence increased
MICHELLE Fredericks, 36, and Matthew Wilson, 38, of Derby Street, Barrow, married at Abbey House Hotel on April 25, 2015
IT was an emotional moment when school cook Shona Tickle was surprised with the Evening Mail’s Bouquet of the Week in her final week at work.
HAWCOAT Park ended their search for a trophy with victory in the Barrow and District JFL KO Cup at Rakesmoor Lane.
WHEN you type Brigsteer in a Google search the first thing that comes up is the Wheatsheaf Inn. Quite rightly so. This little pub is the heart and soul of the village. (1 comment)
PUFFING and panting, sweat dripping from my forehead and my backpack feeling heavier by the minute, I mentally calculate the distance to the summit.
A GRANDMA from Barrow is one of an elite group of runners to have completed 10 marathons in 10 days. Sonja Foster talks to reporter JO DAVIES about what it takes to succeed in one of the UK’s most extreme running events
BEN MERRIMAN MPharm (Hons) MRPharmS, pharmacist with the local and independent Murray group of pharmacies, talks about travel sickness and the range of medicinal treatments and alternative treatments available.