POLICE in Barrow are appealing to find a man who threatened to slit the throat of a teenager.
BARROW police are a hunting a post Christmas burglar.
POLICE are appealing to speak to a quarreling couple after a criminal damage incident in Barrow.
MOTORISTS across Cumbria are being warned to drive carefully after freezing temperatures overnight left roads in icy conditions. (2 comments)
THE winter sales have been prompting a post-Christmas spending spree in Barrow as customers flocked to the shops to grab a bargain.
PEOPLE with minor illnesses or injuries are being reminded to avoid visiting Furness General Hospital where possible as the A&E department is "under pressure". (3 comments)
YOUNGSTERS who care for disabled and ill relatives were given a Christmas party to remember and a chance to have fun like all children should.
A BID to double the size of a successful Barrow travel agency looks set to be rejected because it is not in the town centre.
TWO very courageous children who have battled cancer – and a supportive little brother – were amazed as Father Christmas paid them an early visit.
A VERY special surprise Christmas Day present was delivered to one young mum as she gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter.
INITIAL plans for a £350m biopharmaceutical plant in Ulverston have cleared a major planning hurdle – with development officials giving the scheme a green light.
- Get your Christmas tree collected to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Cumbria households face £925 cut in services, council warns
- Drug-related arrest at Barrow train station
- Barrow shoplifter stole perfume products to pay for gas and electrcity
- Barrow police scoop prize for chirpy tweets (11 comments)
BARROW AFC failed in their attempt to reclaim Conference North's top spot, but Andy Cook's late goal ensured they escaped from their home clash with Harrogate Town with a point.
- Barrow AFC surrender top spot (1 comment)
- Sports review of the year: January to March
- Barrow Raiders players help needy with food parcels
- Barrow Paralympian runner Dean set for Kenya training camp
- Raiders man Murphy buys AFC ticket to help wheelchair sports club
- Raiders Leigh loan ace Hankinson ready to deliver
- Barrow Raiders lotto winner kindly hands £1,000 back to club
POLICE are still appealing for witnesses to two horrific crashes on the A590 on Monday.
DIRT bike daredevil Tayla Smith has continued to impress with his speedy moto-cross displays.
Looking for a chance to meet Santa this Christmas?
Cumbrialive.co.uk has put together the ultimate Santa's grotto map
Now is your chance to vote in the Top of the Tots 2014 Christmas Edition.
• Click here to see the slideshows and find out how to vote
IT was hard to decide what had been the highlight as we made our way back to Cumbria on the M6.
THE first Alice’s Escapes Christmas in November Ball drew more than 100 guests to The Netherwood Hotel, in Grange.
SARAH PALMER, 24, a primary school supply teacher from Barrow, and Mark Redhead, 34, a primary school teacher from Ulverston, married at St Mary’s Church, Dalton, on August 9, 2014.