A VIOLENT thug has been jailed for six years after fracturing a woman’s skull with an elephant statue. (2 comments)
PLANS have finally been approved for the repowering of a community-owned windfarm which will secure its future.
THE scorching hot weather continued to shine on Furness residents yesterday, with families making the most of the sun by flocking to beaches and parks.
• Click here to send us your sandcastle pictures. The most creative will go into our summer slideshow
SOUTH Cumbria is set to experience a heatwave over the coming week.
• Click here to send us your pictures
CN Group has launched the 2014 CN Business Awards.
• Click here to find out how you can nominate local business people
A THIEF who was caught on CCTV stealing a purse filled with £200 from behind a bar has been jailed.
CONTROVERSIAL on street parking charges are heading to the South Lakes after county bosses voted in favour of the move.
THE Evening Mail’s Reaching Out campaign is seeking to raise £70,000 for St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston.
• Click here to donate
THE in-patient unit at a hospice is to be decorated and refitted to give it a brighter look.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000 from the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund? Click here to apply
THE UK economy will grow faster this year than any other country in the G7 pool of developed nations, according to a survey by the EY ITEM Club. The country’s economy is estimated to grow by 3.1 per cent, driven mainly by business investment rather than consumer spending. But does this reflect the reality in Cumbria and beyond?
CN Group has launched the 2014 Golden Apple education awards.
• Click here to nominate teachers, support staff, whole schools and learners
Send us your pet pictures and we will include them in this online gallery.
• Click here to find out how
BEN Merriman MPharm(Hons) MRPharmS, pharmacist with the local and independent Murray group of pharmacies, talks about constipation
WITH thrills and spills in mind, JAMES HIGGINS and his family enjoyed time at Gulliver’s World theme park in Warrington.