Longer opening hours for Cumbria libraries
Published at 17:58, Friday, 23 November 2012
LIBRARY users will be able to benefit from longer opening hours after a decision by Cumbria County Council.
The council has announced an end to half day closures at Ulverston, Grange and Kendal libraries from January 2013.
Through the use of new technology and staff working more flexibly it had been possible to improve access to services at no additional cost.
The new opening times are:
Ulverston Library: Wednesday 9am to 5pm.
Grange Library: Thursday 9.30am to 5pm.
Kendal Library: Thursday 9.30am to 5pm.
Councillor Geoff Cook, chair of South Lakeland local committee, said: "There has been extensive consultation and we want to make services available at times when people want to use them. Improving opening times at Kendal, Grange and Ulverston Libraries was a clear message we received."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE 9am: Rail delays in Cumbria after person struck by train near Lancaster
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (8 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Axing subsidies for Cumbria bus services ‘terrible’ move
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|