Longer opening hours for Cumbria libraries
Published at 17:58, Friday, 23 November 2012
LIBRARY users will be able to benefit from longer opening hours after a decision by Cumbria County Council.
The council has announced an end to half day closures at Ulverston, Grange and Kendal libraries from January 2013.
Through the use of new technology and staff working more flexibly it had been possible to improve access to services at no additional cost.
The new opening times are:
Ulverston Library: Wednesday 9am to 5pm.
Grange Library: Thursday 9.30am to 5pm.
Kendal Library: Thursday 9.30am to 5pm.
Councillor Geoff Cook, chair of South Lakeland local committee, said: "There has been extensive consultation and we want to make services available at times when people want to use them. Improving opening times at Kendal, Grange and Ulverston Libraries was a clear message we received."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|