CAMPAIGNERS against plans for housing on land near a historic tourist attraction have vowed to fight the developers to the end. (25 comments)
Barrow family members who launched a group attack on a man have been handed jail sentences.
BARROW police are seeking witnesses after a group of women demanded a man hand over his wallet.
TODAY nervous 16-year-olds across Cumbria finally get their hands on their all-important GCSE results.
• Those using the hashtag #emexams in their tweets will see their messages and selfies appear as part of our live coverage below.
• See tomorrow's Evening Mail for an eight-page GCSE results special with photographs, interviews with students and staff, and results.
AN expert has reassured residents and beach-lovers that an oil spill off the Cumbrian coast is unlikely to cause any problems.
A HIT-AND-RUN milkman who left a cyclist for dead in Barrow has narrowly avoided jail.
Commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares next year. We're asking our readers to take part in a short survey to give their opinions about rail services.
• Click here to fill out the survey
KIND-HEARTED residents have continued to back a campaign to raise enough money to pay for one tonne of food for struggling families.
• Tomorrow the Evening Mail pop-up shop will be accepting donations of food and money for the foodbank at Booths in Ulverston between 10am and 2pm.
A DONATION of £1,000 will help improve the life of a sight-impaired Barrow child.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000? Click here to apply
PRIME Minister David Cameron has announced plans to put an age rating on music videos on Youtube. Is enough being done to protect children from explicit material and other dangers online?
CUMBRIA commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares.
FIVE lucky Evening Mail readers won a range of prizes that helped them out with daily costs.