A CUMBRIA school nurse is facing a Nursing and Midwifery Council hearing over allegations relating to the case of a teenager later found hanged.
A MAN from Barrow has fallen four storeys from a hotel balcony in the Spanish resort of Magaluf.
AN Ulverston driver who tried to amend insurance documents using a ballpoint pen has been banned from the roads.
CAMPAIGNERS against plans for housing on land near a historic tourist attraction in Barrow have vowed to fight the developers to the end.
TODAY nervous 16-year-olds across Cumbria finally got their hands on their all-important GCSE results.
• Click here to see the archive of the Evening Mail's live coverage
• See tomorrow's Evening Mail for an eight-page GCSE results special with photographs, interviews with students and staff, and results.
A HIT-AND-RUN milkman who left a cyclist for dead in Barrow has narrowly avoided jail.
Commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares next year. We're asking our readers to take part in a short survey to give their opinions about rail services.
• Click here to fill out the survey
KIND-HEARTED residents have continued to back a campaign to raise enough money to pay for one tonne of food for struggling families.
• Tomorrow the Evening Mail pop-up shop will be accepting donations of food and money for the foodbank at Booths in Ulverston between 10am and 2pm.
A DONATION of £1,000 will help improve the life of a sight-impaired Barrow child.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000? Click here to apply
PRIME Minister David Cameron has announced plans to put an age rating on music videos on Youtube. Is enough being done to protect children from explicit material and other dangers online?
CUMBRIA commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares.
FIVE lucky Evening Mail readers won a range of prizes that helped them out with daily costs.