A CUMBRIA MP is under inquiry over the use of government pre-paid envelopes for a raffle in aid of Furness General Hospital.
THE three main unions representing staff at Copeland Borough Council are campaigning against the authority’s decision to outsource services to the private sector.
A HEARING into the conduct of a children’s doctor who worked at Furness General Hospital is due to begin today.
POUNDWORLD has pledged it will be the "best discount shopping experience" in Barrow ahead of its opening today. (8 comments)
A talented Cumbrian footballer who was jailed for his part in a £1.3m fraud has been ordered to hand over £130,000 of his ill-gotten gains.
A CREW extinguished a large rubbish fire at a Barrow allotments last night.
- Walney bridge to close for repair work (11 comments)
UKIP'S Barrow and Furness candidate is anxiously awaiting confirmation over whether he is able to stand in the general election. (12 comments)
BARROW AFC’s rearranged Conference North home game with North Ferriby United will take place on Tuesday, April 14 (7.45pm kick-off).
- Reid ready for Barrow AFC return (2 comments)
- Barrow Raiders pay off £180k debt (3 comments)
- Leaders Barrow AFC remain three points clear of Fylde (4 comments)
- Florida triumph for Windermere pro
- Ulverston on brink of league title: with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC duo to seal loan extensions (1 comment)
SOME of Britain’s finest fighting talent was in town last Friday – but charity was the biggest winner at Davy Trengove’s big boxing bash.
ANTHONY ‘Million Dollar’ Crolla unexpectedly found himself spending a few quid in one of Barrow’s popular Friday night watering holes.