A 48-YEAR-OLD Millom man has denied stalking a woman.
A BARROW teenager has been charged in connection with a serious assault which left two women injured in Cloisters Avenue on Wednesday evening.
Tickets go on sale today for yet another famous comedy name heading for Cumbria.
Fans have flocked to buy tickets to see comedy star Lee Evans perform at The Forum, in Barrow.
THE funeral of an inspirational Barrow teacher and community campaigner will take place in Kirkby this morning. (2 comments)
A WELL-KNOWN Barrow dad died after a collision between a lorry and the car he was driving on the A595 in Cumbria. (7 comments)
BARROW and Furness pet owners - along with those from South Lakeland and Millom - are invited to enter their beloved pets in the Evening Mail’s Top Pet contest.
• Click here to see some of this year's entries that have been submitted so far
A FORMER cricketer is aiming to lose 25kgs in 25 weeks to raise £2,500 for St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston's 25th anniversary.
• Click here to read Martin's first blog post
CONFIDENT captain Liam Harrison believes the next month can shape Barrow Raiders’ entire season.
Britain's oldest nuclear submarine, the Barrow built HMS Vanguard, is to have its reactor refuelled at a cost of £120 million after a test reactor operating in Scotland was found to have a small internal leak of radiation, Philip Hammond has told the Commons.
We at the Evening Mail have so far been bested by otters. It is not easy to admit that a team of qualified photographers and journalists have been defeated by small and furry water-dwelling mammals, but it is the truth.
• Click here to find out how you could win £50 if you can get a clear picture of the Otters in Ulverston
STOBART Group is selling a controlling 51 per cent stake in the iconic Cumbrian road haulage business Eddie Stobart.
THE puppy that was savagely kicked and thrown around a Barrow yob’s garden is enjoying a new lease of life at a new home.
• Watch the video that sent Dudley's previous owner to jail
A CHARITY received a cheque for £1,000 last week for the great work it does within the community.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000 from the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund? Click here to apply
BUDDING young garden designers are being encouraged to get creative and see their work exhibited at one of the area’s premier gardening festivals. The North-West Evening Mail has teamed up with Holker Garden Festival and Crooklands of Dalton to run an exciting competition for children and young people of primary school age and the secondary schools years seven to nine.
• Click here to download the entry form
REBECCA MCKEOWN, 27, a housewife, and Ashley Bagshaw, 25, a joiner, both from Millom, married at Holy Trinity Church, Millom, on Christmas Eve, 2013
FUNDRAISERS filled The Nines in Barrow for a night of music and live entertainment to raise money for three worthy causes.
Send us your pet pictures and we will include them in this online gallery.
• Click here to find out how
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (8 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (7 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (5 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|