Lib Dems 'screwed up' – South Lakes MP Tim Farron on Lord Rennard allegations
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 25 February 2013
PRESIDENT of the Lib Dems, South Lakes MP Tim Farron, said the party made mistakes in the way it handled allegations of sexual harassment by former chief exectutive Lord Rennard.
Following reports party leader Nick Clegg was aware of the allegations five years ago, Mr Farron told BBC Radio 4 Today he had first heard a "general rumour" about the alleged misconduct ""a year or so ago".
During the interview he said it is his job to ensure the women who made the allegations get justice.
He said: "We screwed this up as a party. There are individuals out there who we have a duty of care towards who we did not fullful that duty of care to."
However he said the rumour he had heard contained "no specifics – not even who or what".
First published at 10:56, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|