Lib Dems 'screwed up' – South Lakes MP Tim Farron on Lord Rennard allegations
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 25 February 2013
PRESIDENT of the Lib Dems, South Lakes MP Tim Farron, said the party made mistakes in the way it handled allegations of sexual harassment by former chief exectutive Lord Rennard.
Following reports party leader Nick Clegg was aware of the allegations five years ago, Mr Farron told BBC Radio 4 Today he had first heard a "general rumour" about the alleged misconduct ""a year or so ago".
During the interview he said it is his job to ensure the women who made the allegations get justice.
He said: "We screwed this up as a party. There are individuals out there who we have a duty of care towards who we did not fullful that duty of care to."
However he said the rumour he had heard contained "no specifics – not even who or what".
First published at 10:56, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (2 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (3 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|