Lib Dems 'screwed up' – South Lakes MP Tim Farron on Lord Rennard allegations
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 25 February 2013
PRESIDENT of the Lib Dems, South Lakes MP Tim Farron, said the party made mistakes in the way it handled allegations of sexual harassment by former chief exectutive Lord Rennard.
Following reports party leader Nick Clegg was aware of the allegations five years ago, Mr Farron told BBC Radio 4 Today he had first heard a "general rumour" about the alleged misconduct ""a year or so ago".
During the interview he said it is his job to ensure the women who made the allegations get justice.
He said: "We screwed this up as a party. There are individuals out there who we have a duty of care towards who we did not fullful that duty of care to."
However he said the rumour he had heard contained "no specifics – not even who or what".
First published at 10:56, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|