Lib Dems 'screwed up' – South Lakes MP Tim Farron on Lord Rennard allegations
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 25 February 2013
PRESIDENT of the Lib Dems, South Lakes MP Tim Farron, said the party made mistakes in the way it handled allegations of sexual harassment by former chief exectutive Lord Rennard.
Following reports party leader Nick Clegg was aware of the allegations five years ago, Mr Farron told BBC Radio 4 Today he had first heard a "general rumour" about the alleged misconduct ""a year or so ago".
During the interview he said it is his job to ensure the women who made the allegations get justice.
He said: "We screwed this up as a party. There are individuals out there who we have a duty of care towards who we did not fullful that duty of care to."
However he said the rumour he had heard contained "no specifics – not even who or what".
First published at 10:56, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|