Large numbers expected at funeral for fallen Barrow soldier
Last updated at 16:40, Monday, 04 February 2013
RESIDENTS have been warned to expect traffic disruptions when mourners gather to farewell slain Barrow soldier Kingsman Dave Shaw.
Police will enforce temporary road restrictions in the vicinity surrounding St Mary's Church in Duke Street on Wednesday afternoon.
The funeral is set to begin at 1.30pm and, due to the large number of people anticipated to attend, police officers will be tasked with controlling traffic.
The section of Duke Street bounded by the junction with Abbey Road and Blake Street will be closed to traffic from 12.30pm until 2.30pm.
Temporary parking restrictions will also be in place on Wednesday in the free car park behind the British Workman's Club as this will be used by the family to park.
Motorists are urged to use alternative routes and be patient as delays may be encountered in the area.
The funeral is being co-ordinated by the army, however the temporary road closures will be managed by local police officers
First published at 16:16, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup: with picture gallery (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Bosses braced for ‘bruising’ probe into Barrow maternity failings
- Fury over Barrow girl's school placement (50 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|