Kendal attraction wins VisitEngland Award
Last updated at 15:04, Thursday, 24 May 2012
THE Lakeland Climbing Centre has won a Silver Award in the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year category of the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2012 less than a year after a major expansion.
It is Cumbria’s premier climbing centre with an indoor 25m climbing wall and some of the finest bouldering walls in England.
The Kendal attraction’s team is dedicated to helping people experience the exhilaration that climbing has to offer in a unique and atmospheric venue. The Centre has a warm and welcoming environment and caters for anyone, whatever their ability or age.
Kate Phillips, Managing Director said: “We were delighted to make it to the finals of the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2012, but to receive a Silver Award is fantastic!
“We are proud to be the first climbing centre to be recognised as a quality tourist attraction as well as an elite sporting venue. This award is a wonderful recognition of all the hard work that staff have put in at the Centre over the past few years to improve our facilities and especially our customer service.”
First published at 14:59, Thursday, 24 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|