Kendal attraction wins VisitEngland Award
Last updated at 15:04, Thursday, 24 May 2012
THE Lakeland Climbing Centre has won a Silver Award in the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year category of the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2012 less than a year after a major expansion.
It is Cumbria’s premier climbing centre with an indoor 25m climbing wall and some of the finest bouldering walls in England.
The Kendal attraction’s team is dedicated to helping people experience the exhilaration that climbing has to offer in a unique and atmospheric venue. The Centre has a warm and welcoming environment and caters for anyone, whatever their ability or age.
Kate Phillips, Managing Director said: “We were delighted to make it to the finals of the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2012, but to receive a Silver Award is fantastic!
“We are proud to be the first climbing centre to be recognised as a quality tourist attraction as well as an elite sporting venue. This award is a wonderful recognition of all the hard work that staff have put in at the Centre over the past few years to improve our facilities and especially our customer service.”
First published at 14:59, Thursday, 24 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|