Kayaker taken to hospital after capsizing in South Cumbria
Last updated at 13:49, Saturday, 02 February 2013
A KAYAKER has been taken to hospital after his boat capsized while he was out with friends in South Cumbria.
The 22-year-old got into trouble while boating near Backbarrow at around 12.40pm, a police spokesman confirmed.
The man, who is not local to the area, was helped out of the water by his friends and taken to hospital by ambulance.
Cumbria Constabulary became involved because an on-duty officer came across the incident while on a routine patrol.
The police spokesman said the kayaker was able to walk and, as such, his condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
First published at 13:42, Saturday, 02 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|