Huge wind turbine blades to cause Cumbria motorway delays
Last updated at 10:39, Friday, 21 December 2012
THREE massive wind turbine blades will today be escorted from Killington Service Station on the M6 to the wind farm at Old Hutton near Kendal.
The load was due to have left Killington at 9am this morning and will travel on the M6 to Junction 36 where it will exit the motorway.
The load will then travel on the A65 from Crooklands to Oxenholme, where it will turn into Helmside Road and make its way along the B6254 to the Old Hutton wind farm site where it is expected to arrive around noon.
Delays are expected and drivers are asked to be patient, allow extra time or take an alternative route.
People living in Helmside Road are asked not to park their vehicles in the area until after noon.
First published at 10:33, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|