Huge wind turbine blades to cause Cumbria motorway delays
Last updated at 10:39, Friday, 21 December 2012
THREE massive wind turbine blades will today be escorted from Killington Service Station on the M6 to the wind farm at Old Hutton near Kendal.
The load was due to have left Killington at 9am this morning and will travel on the M6 to Junction 36 where it will exit the motorway.
The load will then travel on the A65 from Crooklands to Oxenholme, where it will turn into Helmside Road and make its way along the B6254 to the Old Hutton wind farm site where it is expected to arrive around noon.
Delays are expected and drivers are asked to be patient, allow extra time or take an alternative route.
People living in Helmside Road are asked not to park their vehicles in the area until after noon.
First published at 10:33, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (4 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
- Harrison urges speed on Barrow Raiders deals (2 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (1 comment)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|