Huge wind turbine blades to cause Cumbria motorway delays
Last updated at 10:39, Friday, 21 December 2012
THREE massive wind turbine blades will today be escorted from Killington Service Station on the M6 to the wind farm at Old Hutton near Kendal.
The load was due to have left Killington at 9am this morning and will travel on the M6 to Junction 36 where it will exit the motorway.
The load will then travel on the A65 from Crooklands to Oxenholme, where it will turn into Helmside Road and make its way along the B6254 to the Old Hutton wind farm site where it is expected to arrive around noon.
Delays are expected and drivers are asked to be patient, allow extra time or take an alternative route.
People living in Helmside Road are asked not to park their vehicles in the area until after noon.
First published at 10:33, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|