Grange Mum, 25, dies after seizure
Last updated at 16:24, Monday, 27 August 2012
TRIBUTES have been paid to a young Grange mother who died after a 17-year battle with epilepsy
TRIBUTES have been paid to a young Grange mother who died after a 17-year battle with epilepsy.
Emma Jane Bolton died, aged 25, on August 13 after suffering an epileptic seizure at home.
Miss Bolton, of Fell Road, Grange, has been described as a “doting mother” to her three-year-old daughter Alyssa.
Her mother, Wendy Bolton, turned 51 the week following her daughter’s death.
The latest tragedy comes four years after the death of her husband and Emma’s stepfather, John Bolton, in August 2008.
Mrs Bolton said: “I’m devastated but I have put a brave face on for my granddaughter.
“She used to take her to the playground, Alyssa was her life.
“She was a doting mother.
“When she had her little girl she just wanted to look after her.”
Mrs Bolton said her daughter was first diagnosed with epilepsy when she was eight-years-old, after she had a seizure while she was getting her ears pierced.
The pair were brought closer following the death of Miss Bolton’s stepfather in 2008.
Mrs Bolton said: “She took his name when we remarried. He loved her to bits and she loved him to bits, it was a very happy time.
“Now I don’t tend to celebrate my birthdays – I lost my husband days before my birthday and this year I lost my daughter.
“She used to say I was not only her mother but her big sister and her friend.
“She would always do things like go to the shops to save me going, we got on well.
“It’s devastating but I know life has to go on.”
Mrs Bolton said dozens of condolence messages have been sent through Facebook.
“She was popular and considerate,” she said.
“I have just got to concentrate on my granddaughter.
“She knows she has gone. I told her ‘Mummy has gone to heaven to be with the angels and her granddad’.”
Miss Bolton will be cremated at Lancaster and Morecambe Crematorium on Tuesday, August 28, at 2.45pm.
First published at 16:19, Monday, 27 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|