Steeleye set to span the decades at The Forum
Published at 15:49, Thursday, 07 June 2012
FOLK rock pioneers Steeleye Span visit The Forum, in Barrow, next Thursday.
More than four decades since forming, the band that first crossed the boundaries of folk and pop are still going strong, and 2012 finds Maddy Prior – the voice of Steeleye for 36 years – back at the helm of a line-up featuring band stalwart and fiddler extraordinaire Peter Knight, Rick Kemp on bass, Peter Zorn and Julian Littman on guitar and Liam Genockey on drums.
The show will see them revisit their famous album Now We Are Six, alongside the classics that have made them one of the most successful British folk rock bands ever.
They had three top 40 albums in their heyday and achieved a certified gold record with sales of hit single All Around My Hat. Throughout their long history, Steeleye Span have seen many personnel changes and are now a six-piece again for the first time in many years.
Expect to hear popular numbers Gaudete, New York Girls, Rave On, and the popular fans’ favourite All Around My Hat.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets for the show are available from The Forum’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|