Prepare to be a-Maz-ed with classy trio
Published at 15:48, Thursday, 07 June 2012
TOMORROW night the Barrow R&B Club hosts the first visit of the Maz Mitrenko Band at Bar Continental, on Abbey Road.
Maz came to Barrow some years ago, playing lead guitar for Trevor Burton on the latter’s first visit to the club, and I remember his playing complimenting Trevor’s, especially the Hammond hum that came from his instrument from time to time.
On bass, Maz has Barry Newey, who played with him in Titan, 30 years ago, and also in The Handsome Beasts. The drummer in this outfit is Dave Tandy, who, as well as playing in various combos, has made quite an impression in the Midlands Jazz Orchestra.
This is a trio oozing class, and is bound to make a big impression.
There will be no gig at Bar Continental next week, but the R&B Club returns on Friday 22 with Weathered Rock.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|