Pink Floyd tribute get their foot in the door
Last updated at 16:36, Thursday, 07 June 2012
THE world’s greatest Pink Floyd show rolls into Ulverston next month.
Brit Floyd head for the Coronation Hall on Thursday July 5 to perform their new stage show, A Foot in the Door.
Especially created by musical director Damian Darlington, to celebrate the release of the new official Pink Floyd greatest hits compilation of the same name, the performance will include all of their best-known work in its entirety – as selected, personally, by the Pink Floyd band members themselves.
Expect to hear prog-rock masterpieces, such as; See Emily Play, Money, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and Another Brick In The Wall pt2, as well as a new 23-minute version of Echoes, taken from the classic 1971 album, Meddle.
In less than one year, Brit Floyd have been embraced by fans worldwide, and acclaimed for its note-for-note perfection, unique Floydian animation and its state-of-the art sound and lights.
The band played to more than 250,000 people in 2011 and recently returned from a successful visit to the US and Canada. They are currently mid way through a tour of the UK and Ireland and are set to head for Europe later in the year.
The show starts at 8pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
First published at 15:51, Thursday, 07 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|