Not to be ig-nord
Published at 15:57, Thursday, 07 June 2012
QUEBEC’S leading folk band head for the Lake District this weekend.
Le Vent du Nord will perform their selection of traditional Quebecois inspired music as they celebrate their 10th anniversary as a group.
Since the group formed in 2002, they have grown to become one of the best-loved folk bands throughout the world, being hailed as one of the key groups in Quebec’s traditional folk music revival. Having enjoyed global success, touring North America, Canada and more than 15 European countries, Le Vent du Nord will be heading to the Theatre by the Lake, in Keswick, on Sunday as part of their UK tour.
Le Vent du Nord, meaning ‘wind from the north’, have won numerous awards for their music, their latest being a second Juno award in 2011. The quartet perform original songs from their new album Tomper Le Temps among various other hits, as well as a number of songs taken from the traditional Canadian repertoire.
Their material is also heavily influenced by Celtic music from both Ireland and Brittany, created using a diverse range of instruments including fiddle, guitar, accordion and hurdy-gurdy.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|