Not to be ig-nord
Published at 15:57, Thursday, 07 June 2012
QUEBEC’S leading folk band head for the Lake District this weekend.
Le Vent du Nord will perform their selection of traditional Quebecois inspired music as they celebrate their 10th anniversary as a group.
Since the group formed in 2002, they have grown to become one of the best-loved folk bands throughout the world, being hailed as one of the key groups in Quebec’s traditional folk music revival. Having enjoyed global success, touring North America, Canada and more than 15 European countries, Le Vent du Nord will be heading to the Theatre by the Lake, in Keswick, on Sunday as part of their UK tour.
Le Vent du Nord, meaning ‘wind from the north’, have won numerous awards for their music, their latest being a second Juno award in 2011. The quartet perform original songs from their new album Tomper Le Temps among various other hits, as well as a number of songs taken from the traditional Canadian repertoire.
Their material is also heavily influenced by Celtic music from both Ireland and Brittany, created using a diverse range of instruments including fiddle, guitar, accordion and hurdy-gurdy.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|