Audience were left wanting more
Published at 15:44, Thursday, 07 June 2012
GIG REVIEW: Acoustic Meltdown #3, Bar Five, Barrow, Thursday May 31
WHEN you have Atlas Acoustic headlining, interesting music goes without saying, and this was certainly true at Bar Five on Thursday. The Coulton Brothers, as they are now going out live as, invited young lads Zac and Robbie to open the concert.
Joined by a bongo drummer, they played a short five-song set, which included two original compositions plus cover versions by The Kooks and a spirited take on The Who’s My Generation. The music seemed to come to them naturally, and with two able guitarists/vocalists, the sky is the limit as to what they can produce in the future.
Kerry Zaccarini was up next with covers by the likes of The Libertines (Can’t Stand Me Now), Babyshambles (Albion), Oasis and The Beatles. Her sweet and melodic voice suits the material well, and Kerry is always a laid back and confident performer.
Another relatively new name on the local live music circuit is Freshman, and after impressing at last month’s Meltdown, he made a re-appearance tonight. His ferocious acoustic guitar playing and powerful vocals made for an energetic set, the highlights of which were one of his own songs, and his version of Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons.
Paul (lead vocals) and Kris Coulton (guitar/vocals) ended the evening brilliantly with a tight set that seemed pre-planned, but was apparently off the cuff. Songs by R.E.M. blended in well with acoustic versions of their own material, and they left the audience wanting more, and all the while, they made it all look so easy.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|