Audience were left wanting more
Published at 15:44, Thursday, 07 June 2012
GIG REVIEW: Acoustic Meltdown #3, Bar Five, Barrow, Thursday May 31
WHEN you have Atlas Acoustic headlining, interesting music goes without saying, and this was certainly true at Bar Five on Thursday. The Coulton Brothers, as they are now going out live as, invited young lads Zac and Robbie to open the concert.
Joined by a bongo drummer, they played a short five-song set, which included two original compositions plus cover versions by The Kooks and a spirited take on The Who’s My Generation. The music seemed to come to them naturally, and with two able guitarists/vocalists, the sky is the limit as to what they can produce in the future.
Kerry Zaccarini was up next with covers by the likes of The Libertines (Can’t Stand Me Now), Babyshambles (Albion), Oasis and The Beatles. Her sweet and melodic voice suits the material well, and Kerry is always a laid back and confident performer.
Another relatively new name on the local live music circuit is Freshman, and after impressing at last month’s Meltdown, he made a re-appearance tonight. His ferocious acoustic guitar playing and powerful vocals made for an energetic set, the highlights of which were one of his own songs, and his version of Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons.
Paul (lead vocals) and Kris Coulton (guitar/vocals) ended the evening brilliantly with a tight set that seemed pre-planned, but was apparently off the cuff. Songs by R.E.M. blended in well with acoustic versions of their own material, and they left the audience wanting more, and all the while, they made it all look so easy.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|