All hail to Eales - master jazz pianist
Published at 15:56, Thursday, 07 June 2012
ZEFFIRELLI’S welcomes one of Europe’s most inspirational pianists and composers this weekend.
Master pianist Geoff Eales gives a solo performance at the Ambleside venue on Saturday night, in which he traces the many and varied styles of jazz piano playing from the ragtime of Scott Joplin through to the extended improvisations of Keith Jarrett, touching on the work of most of the key players in the intervening century.
Formerly pianist with the BBC Big Band, Geoff Eales has been a fixture on the British jazz circuit for 40 years, and is much respected by his peers both as player and theorist (he has a PhD on the work of Aaron Copland).
During the period of his Jazz Renaissance, Geoff has played at many of the world’s leading jazz clubs including New York’s Birdland and the Blue Note Clubs of Japan.
The show in Ambleside starts at 8.30pm and entrance is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (2 comments)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (10 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (5 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton