All hail to Eales - master jazz pianist
Published at 15:56, Thursday, 07 June 2012
ZEFFIRELLI’S welcomes one of Europe’s most inspirational pianists and composers this weekend.
Master pianist Geoff Eales gives a solo performance at the Ambleside venue on Saturday night, in which he traces the many and varied styles of jazz piano playing from the ragtime of Scott Joplin through to the extended improvisations of Keith Jarrett, touching on the work of most of the key players in the intervening century.
Formerly pianist with the BBC Big Band, Geoff Eales has been a fixture on the British jazz circuit for 40 years, and is much respected by his peers both as player and theorist (he has a PhD on the work of Aaron Copland).
During the period of his Jazz Renaissance, Geoff has played at many of the world’s leading jazz clubs including New York’s Birdland and the Blue Note Clubs of Japan.
The show in Ambleside starts at 8.30pm and entrance is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (10 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria Health boss warns parents over cigarette-like devices
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|