Four men stuck in Lake District spark 10-hour rescue
Last updated at 08:34, Friday, 16 November 2012
CLIMBERS caught out by the dark became cragfast while descending Scafell Pike on Wednesday.
The four men ran to make it to the top before the sun set. They later became stuck on Lingmell Crags and had to be roped to safety after calling 999.
They began their descent at 4.30pm and Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team was called out at 8.45pm. The incident was attended by 14 team members and closed at 7.30am on Thursday.
The team has urged climbers to be prepared for sunset now the days are getting shorter.
First published at 10:36, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (10 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria Health boss warns parents over cigarette-like devices
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|