Four arrested on suspicion of racial abuse at Barrow takeaway
Last updated at 11:56, Monday, 25 March 2013
FOUR people have been arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated affray and other offences at a Barrow takeaway.
Police were called to an incident at Barrow Balti on Cavendish Street at 5.37pm on Sunday.
A man, aged 23, and a 22-year-old woman from the High Cliff area of Barrow, and a 21-year-old man and 29-year-old woman from Carlisle were all arrested for alleged racially aggravated public order offences.
Following officer's initial enquiries the woman from Barrow was also arrested on suspicion of a child neglect offence.
Police say staff at the takeaway were allegedly threatened with a screwdriver during the incident.
All four suspects remain in police custody pending further investigation.
First published at 22:32, Sunday, 24 March 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|