Forgotten chip pan leaves Barrow home smoke ravaged
Published at 18:07, Saturday, 24 August 2013
A FORGOTTEN chip pan left a Barrow home smoke ravaged.
Barrow fire service was called to the fire in Rowan Drive, in the Roose area, at around 1pm.
A woman in her 60s had left a chip pan unattended and went shopping into the town centre when she remembered.
When she returned the kitchen was on fire.
Firefighters from Barrow put out the fire and gave the woman oxygen at the scene, a firecrew from Ulverston attended was called but the fire had been put out by the time they arrived.
The property was smoke damaged but no one was injured.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire service message would be do not get distracted or leave cooking items unattended and make sure you have a smoke alarm fitted.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|