Forgotten chip pan leaves Barrow home smoke ravaged
Published at 18:07, Saturday, 24 August 2013
A FORGOTTEN chip pan left a Barrow home smoke ravaged.
Barrow fire service was called to the fire in Rowan Drive, in the Roose area, at around 1pm.
A woman in her 60s had left a chip pan unattended and went shopping into the town centre when she remembered.
When she returned the kitchen was on fire.
Firefighters from Barrow put out the fire and gave the woman oxygen at the scene, a firecrew from Ulverston attended was called but the fire had been put out by the time they arrived.
The property was smoke damaged but no one was injured.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire service message would be do not get distracted or leave cooking items unattended and make sure you have a smoke alarm fitted.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|