Flooding in Ulverston caused by heavy rain
Published at 11:13, Sunday, 28 July 2013
FIRE crews were called to two South Lakes properties overnight to deal with problems caused by heavy rain.
A home in Ulverston flooded due to the downpour. Firefighters from Ulverston attended the incident, in The Ellers, at 12.48am on Sunday.
Shortly afterwards, at 1.28am, a crew was called out to another property in Grange.
A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "At 1.28am a fire crew from Grange helped the occupier of a property with flood water in the basement that was affecting the electrics at the property."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|