Flooding in Ulverston caused by heavy rain
Published at 11:13, Sunday, 28 July 2013
FIRE crews were called to two South Lakes properties overnight to deal with problems caused by heavy rain.
A home in Ulverston flooded due to the downpour. Firefighters from Ulverston attended the incident, in The Ellers, at 12.48am on Sunday.
Shortly afterwards, at 1.28am, a crew was called out to another property in Grange.
A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "At 1.28am a fire crew from Grange helped the occupier of a property with flood water in the basement that was affecting the electrics at the property."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Mum of boy who suffered allergic reaction praises Barrow play area staff (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Youths attack 15-year-old boy in Barrow carpark (1 comment)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (17 comments)
- Petition demands tougher jail term for ‘scum’ Barrow puppy beater
- UPDATE: Barrow man charged with three thefts
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|