Flooding in Ulverston caused by heavy rain
Published at 11:13, Sunday, 28 July 2013
FIRE crews were called to two South Lakes properties overnight to deal with problems caused by heavy rain.
A home in Ulverston flooded due to the downpour. Firefighters from Ulverston attended the incident, in The Ellers, at 12.48am on Sunday.
Shortly afterwards, at 1.28am, a crew was called out to another property in Grange.
A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "At 1.28am a fire crew from Grange helped the occupier of a property with flood water in the basement that was affecting the electrics at the property."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|