Firefighters tackled Barrow blaze
Last updated at 09:06, Monday, 10 February 2014
POLICE and firefighters tackled a Barrow blaze.
Emergency services were called to Bath Street at 7.48pm Sunday February 9. Fire crews from Barrow, Dalton and Bowness were also at the scene.
Bath Street and Chatsworth Street were closed while the fire was dealt with. Officers said no one was inside the property.
There was no risk to life however members of the public were asked to avoid the area.
Police confirmed that the fire started in a garage and spread to the property. There were initial fears it could spread to a nearby nursery but that proved not to be the case.
First published at 20:29, Sunday, 09 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Barrow and Dalton among most desirable places to live - poll finds (19 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|