Firefighters praise Barrow's Bonfire Night revellers
Last updated at 09:42, Tuesday, 06 November 2012
BARROW’S fire service has praised the behaviour of most revellers despite being kept busy with a number of incidents on Bonfire Night.
Crews were called out to a steady stream of incidents between 5pm and 10pm, but the town emerged from the celebrations largely unscathed.
A Walney youth was lucky to escape more serious injury after he caught alight in a bonfire-related accident.
The 17-year-old was treated at the scene by paramedics for minor burns to his arm and did not require hospitalisation.
A fire crew was needed to put out a small bonfire in Andrews Way off Phoenix Road about 9.30pm after it was lit in a residential area, potentially posing a risk to people and properties.
Another fire engine was dispatched to Urswick Green just after 5pm following reports that it was getting out of control.
Firefighters also responded to at least two other minor rubbish fires during the evening.
First published at 18:12, Monday, 05 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
'Crews have also responded to two rubbish fires during the evening.'
My neighbours' response to my bonfire was that it was pretty rubbish, too
Make your comment
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Dog walkers saved by Ulverston rescue team
- Barrow chip shop smash - man in court
- Ulverston fun day unleashed for animal lovers
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Barrow mum saved baby from choking
- Health and transport plans could win Copeland seat
- Barrow man ‘in dark place’ when he hit pregnant girlfriend in stomach
- Lake District poet’s descendant celebrates 200 years of Daffodils
- Drainage key to success of developer’s Barrow homes bid
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood