Fire at Cumbria train attraction
Published at 08:47, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A FIRE broke out at a tourist attraction in Cumbria yesterday.
Fire crews from Seascale and Bootle were called to a fire at a building that is part of the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway at about 4.40pm.
The fire involved a building in Ravenglass used as a paint shop.
The Fire Service said the single storey workshop was well alight when they arrived and hoses were used to put it out.
Trevor Stockton, Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway general manager, said the fire was quickly brought under control.
The fire may have been the result of an electrical fault in the building, which is used to paint locomotives and rolling stock.
It was contained within the building, which was empty at the time of the fire. An early inspection revealed limited damage to the contents of the building.
Mr Stockton said: “We are really grateful to the fire crews for their prompt and efficient action.
"December is a busy month for us with Santa specials and these will go ahead as planned, with no changes to the arrangements.
"We have almost sold out tickets to travel up the line to Dalegarth to see Santa over the coming weeks and we will be sure not to disappoint any young people who really look forward to this experience at this time of year.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- Enjoy the sun: Best beaches in south Cumbria (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|