Fire at Cumbria train attraction
Published at 08:47, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
A FIRE broke out at a tourist attraction in Cumbria yesterday.
Fire crews from Seascale and Bootle were called to a fire at a building that is part of the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway at about 4.40pm.
The fire involved a building in Ravenglass used as a paint shop.
The Fire Service said the single storey workshop was well alight when they arrived and hoses were used to put it out.
Trevor Stockton, Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway general manager, said the fire was quickly brought under control.
The fire may have been the result of an electrical fault in the building, which is used to paint locomotives and rolling stock.
It was contained within the building, which was empty at the time of the fire. An early inspection revealed limited damage to the contents of the building.
Mr Stockton said: “We are really grateful to the fire crews for their prompt and efficient action.
"December is a busy month for us with Santa specials and these will go ahead as planned, with no changes to the arrangements.
"We have almost sold out tickets to travel up the line to Dalegarth to see Santa over the coming weeks and we will be sure not to disappoint any young people who really look forward to this experience at this time of year.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|