Theatre group to perform Elton John musical
Published at 13:29, Thursday, 19 April 2012
ELTON John’s musical Aida hits the stage at The Forum tonight for a three-night run.
The A590 Youth Theatre will become one of the first groups in the country to perform this contemporary take on the classic tale of the timeless bond between an enslaved Nubian princess, Aida, and an Egyptian soldier.
The piece sees Aida (Karen Mitchell) captured by an Egyptian captain, Radames (Christopher Barker).
He soon falls in love with her and saves her from a life of hard labour and instead gives her as a handmaiden to the Egyptian princess Amneris (Hayley Dent), his future bride.
As forbidden love blossoms between them, the young lovers are forced to face death or part forever.
Directed by Graham E Barker, the show will also feature Elton John’s lively pop rock score. The show runs at 7.30pm for the next three nights and tickets are available from the Barrow venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man arrested in connection with alleged harassment
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Family of man killed in Barrow crash pay tribute to “fun loving character” (21 comments)
- No title
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- Wash day with a little blue bag
- Malcolm Wilson Rally
- Robin Hulbert's Wembley blog - Entry 7, My Wembley red card (13 comments)
- MP John Woodcock's blog
- Morris dancers wow crowds
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|