Store’s cafe perfect for a slice of retail therapy
Published at 13:35, Friday, 04 May 2012
By Danielle Harrison
WHEN out shopping in Barrow it is impossible to avoid paying a visit to Debenhams, in Portland Walk, and if it’s retail therapy you’re after, you might be tempted to stop for a bite to eat. When tired from a busy day the friendly staff and warm atmosphere that Debenhams offers can be very inviting.
Once in the cafe you may find that the food is standard cafe fare, however you are bound to find something you want to eat among its wide selection of both hot and cold meals.
If you don’t have much time Debenhams cafe is the perfect place to visit. It has a buffet-like counter and really quick service that makes the cafe a perfect stop in the middle of the day.
During a lunch break I noticed there were a lot of young families there and Debenhams cafe is an ideal place for them.
The relaxed atmosphere, access to high chairs and selection of children’s meals mean that families can go there and enjoy their lunch without having to worry about anything.
Debenhams cafe is also perfect if you don’t want a big meal and you just need somewhere you can go and catch up with friends.
You can choose from either hot or cold drinks and also enjoy a gorgeous selection of cakes. These cakes can be eaten on their own or as a perfect end to your lunch.
Even though the lunch was pleasant it seemed to cost more than you would expect with two sandwiches, two drinks, and a portion of chips costing almost £13. It seemed to be the drinks, rather than the food, that bumped the price up.
I found the food to be exactly what you would expect from an in-store cafe. It wasn’t outstanding but it was perfect for a light refreshment in the middle of the day.
The most positive feature of the cafe was its delightfully friendly, warm and efficient staff. Their bubbly attitude makes you feel welcome and helps you to relax and enjoy your lunch.
Debenhams cafe was a lovely place to spend an hour and, even though the food wasn’t outstanding, I would definitely go back and recommend it to others.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|