Rock till you drop in the Vault
Published at 13:35, Thursday, 03 May 2012
AUTHENTIC 50s rock ’n’ roll covers band The Sidecars are all set to rock the joint at The Vault Bar, on Abbey Road, tomorrow night.
The four-piece local band line up as Andy Reay (lead vocals/guitar), Steve Simpson (double bass), Lesley Harris (keyboards/saxophone/backing vocals) plus recent recruit Mike Kidson (drums/backing vocals).
From Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Eddie Cochran, The Sidecars cover every area of the swinging 50s, so bring your dancing shoes.
On Saturday night, popular Barrow band The Works bring their well chosen mix of rock and pop covers to the basement venue.
Music for both nights starts around 9pm, with free entry available before 8.30pm. A small door charge will apply thereafter.
l Tonight’s jazz session at the Duke features the welcome return of classic jazz quartet Quay Change.
Assembled by bassist Laurence Canty and pianist Fred Binley, these Lancaster-based musicians perform their material with wit and inspired spontaneity.
Much of their repertoire is drawn from the classic jazz standards of the 20th century, but delivered with a 21st century twist.
The show starts at 9pm, and admission is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|