Rock till you drop in the Vault
Published at 13:35, Thursday, 03 May 2012
AUTHENTIC 50s rock ’n’ roll covers band The Sidecars are all set to rock the joint at The Vault Bar, on Abbey Road, tomorrow night.
The four-piece local band line up as Andy Reay (lead vocals/guitar), Steve Simpson (double bass), Lesley Harris (keyboards/saxophone/backing vocals) plus recent recruit Mike Kidson (drums/backing vocals).
From Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Eddie Cochran, The Sidecars cover every area of the swinging 50s, so bring your dancing shoes.
On Saturday night, popular Barrow band The Works bring their well chosen mix of rock and pop covers to the basement venue.
Music for both nights starts around 9pm, with free entry available before 8.30pm. A small door charge will apply thereafter.
l Tonight’s jazz session at the Duke features the welcome return of classic jazz quartet Quay Change.
Assembled by bassist Laurence Canty and pianist Fred Binley, these Lancaster-based musicians perform their material with wit and inspired spontaneity.
Much of their repertoire is drawn from the classic jazz standards of the 20th century, but delivered with a 21st century twist.
The show starts at 9pm, and admission is free.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Mickey’s magic casts its spell
- Fans of punk legends set for night of unbridled Joy
- Band makes song and dance of it
- Comic stars add to draw for festival
- Write way to walk county
- Seven-piece forging a strong reputation
- Award-winning group bring their fresh take on folk to Cumbria
- Event will help fund research
- Beware the frozen virus of doom!
- Charging into danger
- Fighting a war at sea
- Builders gave leaky Dalton castle a longer life
- Apprenticeships are huge benefit
- Bright ideas to prepare for day
- K2B veteran Dave sticks to tough training regime
- Park run
- Sky ride
- Eye Health
- First Aid
- Ancient therapy treats host of problems
- Don’t wait to write your will
- Putting faces to past presidents of Rotary
- Miners move to a new life
- Museum loses out on bid for war watch
- Opening a window on salesman’s world
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|