Roa Island House, Roa Island
Last updated at 09:47, Thursday, 22 July 2010
ROA Island House is situated on the peninsula of Morecambe Bay on Foulney Street, off Piel Street, and has parking for a few patrons.
The building is an old Victorian house with a veranda turned into a conservatory café, with outstanding views whatever the weather or time of year.
Roa Island House also has a lounge bar, dining room and guest accommodation and is conveniently located less than 45 minutes from the Lakes and only a ferry ride away from Piel Island, where you can meet the “King” and his “Knights!”
The Garden Sea View Café is a place to relax and unwind. You can sit in the conservatory with direct views out on to Morecambe Bay and Piel Island or you can take advantage of good weather and bask in our garden – which is ideal for children and families to eat, drink and play in.
Roa Island House has disabled access and welcomes dog owners, whose pets can also enjoy a free snack when their owners dine.
The Garden Sea View Café at Roa Island House has just unveiled its new summer menu offering extra treats, such as new hot/cold sandwiches and baguettes, fish and chips, jacket potatoes, salads and wraps and a whole host of cakes and slices to tempt you – not forgetting the famous Roa Island cheesecake!
The cafe also now has ice creams to eat in or take away. In fact most of its menu is available to take away – just ask one of the friendly staff. All menus are available to view online at www.roaislandhouse.co.uk.
Are you looking for somewhere to have a party or function? Roa Island House caters for small weddings, christenings, birthdays, anniversaries, funerals, retirements – the list is endless.
You can contact the helpful staff at Roa Island House and talk to them about set menus or buffets during the day or afternoon.
If the numbers are sufficient, they could even make Roa Island House exclusive to you and your party.
If you don’t feel like going home afterwards Roa Island House has a number of guest rooms that are offered at good rates to those wishing to wake up to a full, hearty Cumbrian breakfast the next day.
On Sunday afternoons, Roa Island House continues to offer a traditional Sunday lunch with beef or turkey and all the trimmings for £9.95 for adults and £6.95 for children (under 12).
The restaurant is open 11am to 4pm, Tuesday to Sunday. Booking is essential so call 01229 822525. A place where you can enjoy Roa Island with a welcoming smile!
First published at 13:05, Friday, 16 July 2010
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|