A MAN has died after being allegedly attacked in a Barrow street earlier this week. (25 comments)
AN MP has described as 'truly shocking' allegations of the health regulator's failure to investigate a hospital where mothers and babies died. (5 comments)
- Family of newborn son and wife who both died at FGH welcomes report
- Barrow hospital scandal 'deeply disturbing' – prime minister (4 comments)
- Health secretary's statement on failure to investigate Barrow hospital trust
- Regulator's full statement on Barrow hospital scandal
- Cumbria MPs slam 'indefensible' CQC
CRUEL snipers are thought to have lured Barrow birds to their death using pieces of bread. (57 comments)
BRILLIANT baking talent was on show at this weekend’s Evening Mail Great Barrow Bake Off.
THE most caring individuals will be recognised at the Heart of Ulverston Awards.
• Click here to nominate someone for a Heart of Ulverston Award
NEW Barrow AFC central midfielder Richard Davies is determined to put his recent injury hell behind him by helping the club claw their way back into the Conference Premier.
A YOUNG mum who nearly died after drinking up to six litres of strong, white cider a day for three years, is urging young people not to make the same mistakes she did.
WITH the world’s most renowned horse racing event taking place this week, complete with the now famous Royal Ascot dress code, the Evening Mail asks, does a touch of formality add something special to a day out at the races?
A COMMUNITY group helping to enrich lives in one of the most deprived parts of Barrow has been awarded £1,000 as part of a charitable trust giveaway.
• Click here to fill out the application form for and nominate your organisation
IT was an emotional moment when former naval airman, Frank Walton, stood on the shores of Wastwater and surveyed its bleak majesty.