Picnic in the park
Last updated at 14:19, Friday, 25 May 2012
WHY not celebrate the Queen’s Diamond jubilee with a picnic in the park? The Big Jubilee Lunch has been adopted as part of the programme of events announced by Buckingham Palace in celebration of HM The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Big Jubilee Lunch will take place on Sunday June 3, 2012 and a record number of people are expected to take part in street parties and community events right across the UK.
Big Jubilee lunches can take place in the street, park, back garden or local community venue and range from just a few neighbours getting together to a whole village or town celebration. All local authorities have been asked to support this initiative.
Barrow Park will be promoted as a venue for The Big Jubilee Lunch in Barrow.
It is an excellent setting for the Big Jubilee Lunch or in this case a picnic, where friends and neighbours can meet and families enjoy the facilities of the park in mid summer. The park will be decked with bunting and union jack flags given to children. Music will be provided by Attic/Unity in the bandstand from 12 noon to 6 pm.
HM The Queen, has sent a message to all holders of Big Jubilee Lunches: “I am delighted that the organisers of The Big Lunch are helping people from across the United Kingdom and further afield to hold Big Jubilee Lunches as part of the celebrations to mark my Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
“I send my very best wishes to you and all of those who will be present for what I hope will be a most memorable and enjoyable event.”
First published at 13:42, Friday, 25 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together