Picnic in the park
Last updated at 14:19, Friday, 25 May 2012
WHY not celebrate the Queen’s Diamond jubilee with a picnic in the park? The Big Jubilee Lunch has been adopted as part of the programme of events announced by Buckingham Palace in celebration of HM The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Big Jubilee Lunch will take place on Sunday June 3, 2012 and a record number of people are expected to take part in street parties and community events right across the UK.
Big Jubilee lunches can take place in the street, park, back garden or local community venue and range from just a few neighbours getting together to a whole village or town celebration. All local authorities have been asked to support this initiative.
Barrow Park will be promoted as a venue for The Big Jubilee Lunch in Barrow.
It is an excellent setting for the Big Jubilee Lunch or in this case a picnic, where friends and neighbours can meet and families enjoy the facilities of the park in mid summer. The park will be decked with bunting and union jack flags given to children. Music will be provided by Attic/Unity in the bandstand from 12 noon to 6 pm.
HM The Queen, has sent a message to all holders of Big Jubilee Lunches: “I am delighted that the organisers of The Big Lunch are helping people from across the United Kingdom and further afield to hold Big Jubilee Lunches as part of the celebrations to mark my Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
“I send my very best wishes to you and all of those who will be present for what I hope will be a most memorable and enjoyable event.”
First published at 13:42, Friday, 25 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|