Published at 13:46, Thursday, 17 May 2012
What was the first album/single you bought?
School’s Out by Alice Cooper, or it might have been T-Rex’s Get It On. My first album was Thin Lizzy’s Live and Dangerous from the record department upstairs in Boots, on Dalton Road.
These first buys started a system of escapism and excitement that still continues, and will last my lifetime. I built up a solid record collection over the years buying from Earthquake Records, Blackshaws and Kelly’s.
How do you obtain your music?
Downloaded from iTunes, but I also like to buy certain hard copies on CD with the sleeve notes. I have since replaced so many of my LPs with discs, and I still cannot walk past HMV without treating myself to some form of music.
What are you listening to on your iPod?
My iPod contains just over 9,000 tracks with around 30 videos. For the past couple of weeks I have been hammering a metal playlist, including Slipknot, Motley Crue, Gallows and The King Blues.
What is your favourite album of all time?
My favourite album of all time is Black Sabbath Vol. 4, very, very closely followed by the Sex Pistols’ Never Mind The B******s and Thin Lizzy’s Live and Dangerous. This music that helped me through my school years.
First gig attended?
First gig attended was Rush on the Permanent Waves tour. It was a Manchester Apollo trip organised by Earthquake Records in the Mall. This was quickly followed by concerts by Iron Maiden at Lancaster University and AC/DC, again at the Apollo. The atmosphere, loudness and showmanship has given me an addiction that sees me watching as much live music as I can fit in around my free time.
Last gig attended?
My last gig attended was Kiss at the MEN Arena – what a showman Gene Simmons is. It’s fantastic to see the local music scene getting vibrant again, giving me the opportunity to see good local acts without the treks to Manchester.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|