MyCumbria is your Cumbria
Published at 13:07, Friday, 18 May 2012
CUMBRIA Tourism is set to launch a brand new membership scheme exclusively for Cumbrian residents.
MyCumbria is a scheme designed to give Cumbrian residents exclusive access to a range of fantastic offers and deals at many of Cumbria’s best attractions, retailers, numerous leisure and accommodation facilities, as well as great deals and offers on food and drink around the county.
Cumbria Tourism carried out research last year with local residents from around the county to work out how often residents really take advantage of all the attractions and activities that are right on their doorstep. It became clear that, although most Cumbrian residents are hugely proud of where they live, many are unaware of or simply forgot about the wide variety of high quality things that they can do, see and enjoy in the county.
The MyCumbria scheme has been designed to appeal to all residents and there is something for everyone.
From a half-price afternoon tea at one of the stunning lakeside hotels to high adventure for all the family at forest rope courses or a MyCumbria Movie Monday, two-for-one cinema deal.
For just £20 per year, residents will get access to over 100 annual offers as well as a calendar of changing special offers exclusive to MyCumbria card holders. Angela Metcalfe from Cumbria Tourism says: “Our main job is to encourage visitors from elsewhere to visit the county. That is our purpose and will always be the case, but times are changing and our business members want to do more for local people.
“MyCumbria is a scheme which rewards residents and encourages them to enjoy Cumbria’s world class products on a more affordable basis throughout the year.
“I have lived in Cumbria for 30 years and have always loved the area. I knew about some of the attractions but never really considered using them. The La’al Ratty railway at Ravenglass is a good example – I’ve always known it was there but it wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago that I actually went on it.
“This was the most frequent comment we encountered when we undertook the research and was certainly the case with the Cumbria Tourism team who have also since been on memorable days out for the first time.”
For more information or to join visit www.mycumbriacard.co.uk
Alternatively, if you have a business and want to get involved, click ‘business signup’ on the website, or call 01539 822222 to speak to the MyCumbria team.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Miniature world of railway history comes to county
- Email influx sparks dread
- FOOD REVIEW: Farmers Arms, Lowick
- Woodland products for the textile mills
- I want to hear points of view
- Billy Ocean performing in Barrow
- A town pioneer for adventurous girls
- Turning farm lads into Lord’s new soldiers
- Learn about occupations’ vision rules
- Meters will put off town visitors
- ‘When I get in the boat it’s just so peaceful’
- Oarsome opportunity to try hand at rowing
- How to get started
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Rose growers battle to take the top prize
- Answering call of mobile mania
- Daily dangers faced by merchant sailors
- How ranks were filled
- Remembering our VC winner
- Message of bravery as troops go to war
- FOOD REVIEW: The Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge
- Jobs market is different world
- Skim foot off a lake to keep taps going
Visit our websites for...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|