Motown magic on Forum stage
Last updated at 08:13, Friday, 18 May 2012
MOTOWN’S biggest names come to the stage at The Forum later this month.
The Supremes’ music personified the Motown Sound that influenced a generation, and on Thursday May 31, a former member of the original group brings The Sounds of The Supremes to Barrow.
Led by Kaaren Ragland, a former member of original Supreme Mary Wilson’s 70s group, this incarnation have achieved a remarkable degree of worldwide success and are the only group of their type endorsed by Motown.
These three American women possess a wealth of experience in recording, television, cabaret, theatre and musicals, and deliver reworked Motown classics and chart-topping hits such as; You Keep Me Hanging On, Stop in the Name of Love, and 1964 UK number one Baby Love.
Ragland founded The Sounds of the Supremes in the late 80s, with whom she’s appeared in more than 40 countries, and she is joined by Kathy Merrick and Althea Burkhalter, who have been members since 1997.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
First published at 13:51, Thursday, 17 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|