Published at 13:46, Thursday, 17 May 2012
MONSTER Monster celebrates its ninth birthday with a huge show in Barrow tomorrow night.
Nineties stalwarts Dub Pistols top the bill, with an exciting mix of local acts providing support at The Nines.
The London-based dub electro outfit have headlined for Monster Monster – the Ulverston-based promoters responsible for bringing well-known acts such as Sub Focus and Craig Charles to Cumbria – once before, and are set to thrill once again with material from their new album, Worshipping The Dollar.
The band was named DJ Mag’s Best Live Act in 2011, and also have appearances at Beatherder and Kendal Calling lined up for later in the summer.
In Barrow tomorrow, they are ably assisted by resident live vocalist Kathika Rabbit, 10-piece samba drum band The Deatbeats, acoustic songstress Olivia Lumb and DJ sets from Robin Walker, playing heavyweight funk, jungle and drum ’n’ bass from Peter Kay, Preston breakbeat lovers Digital Slag, and main man Mister Monster, with a set of hip hop, electro and bootleg mash-ups.
As per usual, there will also be spectacular dancing and light shows from Ultra Violet Violence and Hooping Harlots, for this Super Mario-themed event.
The 18-plus event starts at 9pm, and tickets are available in advance from Bar Five, in Dalkeith Street, and All Style Tattoos, in Crellin Street, in Barrow, and Working Class Heroes, in Market Street, Ulverston, or online at skiddle.com
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together