Last updated at 13:47, Thursday, 10 May 2012
SOME of the UK’s biggest bands and artists come together for a special three-day music festival in Cumbria this summer.
Welsh soprano singer Katherine Jenkins will open this year’s Whitehaven Diamond Jubilee Festival, on Friday June 1.
The event is being held in celebration of Her Majesty the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations, and Katherine, who has been busy in America appearing on Dancing with the Stars, will be joined on stage by the National Symphony Orchestra.
The following day will see a return to the 70s with six acts performing their collection of number one hits. Acts include The Real Thing, Odyessey, The Three Degrees, Showaddywaddy, Lee McKeown’s Bay City Rollers and Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel.
Headlining on the Sunday evening and ending the celebrations will be The Enemy, fresh from their gig on the roof at Wembley Stadium prior to the FA Cup final. The Enemy, whose hits include We’ll Live and Die in These Towns and Away from Here, will also be debuting new material from their third and long-awaited new album Streets in the Sky. Indie rockers The Charlatans will also be on stage performing a selection of their popular hits including One to Another and North Country Boy.
There will be a host of celebrities over the weekend, including chefs Jean Christophe Novelli and Ainsley Harriott, Coronation Street barmaid, Michelle Collins and Strictly star Anton Du Beke. There will be street entertainers, tall ships and markets and the Red Arrows will be performing their famous air display. A selection of acts will be performing on the CFM stage where Robbie Dee will broadcast his show live.
For more information or to book tickets go to www.thewhitehavenfestival.co.uk
First published at 13:05, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|