Innovative company heading for Brewery
Published at 13:35, Thursday, 03 May 2012
GILBERT and Sullivan fans are in for a treat next weekend, with a tribute to one of their most famous shows.
Opera della Luna is renowned as one of the UK’s most innovative and entertaining theatre companies and they will be bringing their acclaimed The Parson’s Pirates show to Kendal Brewery Arts Centre next week.
Set in a village hall in St Michael’s Under Ware, where the vicar, the Rev Arthur Bender, is putting on The Pirates of Penzance to raise money for church funds. However, his cast consists of a variety of oddball characters including two church wardens; Tracy, a punk girl who does amazing things with bubble gum; and a spiritualist Tarot card reader – all of whom come together with chaotic consequences.
Opera della Luna have brought numerous other Gilbert and Sullivan classics to the stage, including The Mikado and HMS Pinafore and have achieved cult status on the theatre circuit.
Theatre programmer Mike Jones says: “Opera della Luna always create a real buzz wherever they go.”
The show comes to Kendal next Friday, May 11, at 8pm. Tickets are available from the venue.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|