Holiday turns to catastrophe in one-woman drama show
Published at 13:35, Thursday, 03 May 2012
COMEDY drama comes to The Beggar’s Theatre in Millom next Friday with Stick Granny on the Roof Rack.
Multi award-winning writer Rona Munro’s tale of a family holiday, won on a scratch card, stars well-known actress Fiona Knowles in the lead role.
She takes you on a journey of a comic, compassionate catastrophe of family relationships.
Take one everyday family, heat to 36 degrees, cover in suntan oil, leave in the hired car to cook, then stand back and watch, as years of family tensions boil over in an hilarious mix of laughter and tears.
What is Katy’s secret? Why does Mum end up behind bars? Who steals Gran?
The one-woman show from MsFits Theatre company tells the familiar story of an all expenses paid fortnight in a luxury hotel in hell – “for all the family”.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the box office or on the door.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Area looking to fresh horizons
- Slave trade opens new talk season
- Digging for the story of island’s wartime role
- Listen to an island story
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Body’s ability to repair itself falls
- Problem ‘just as life-threatening as obesity and poverty’
- Old adage worth remembering
- Iron riches prompted cross-country route
- Moving ceremony to heal divisions
- Belt badges took two wars to find
- Long tradition of volunteers
- Back to fight for King and country
- Don’t surround jewel in crown with housing
- Being part of union works
- When the fairground rides arrived in Barrow
- Inflationary times when a brew was 5p
- Reminder from era of RAF base
- Miniature world of railway history comes to county
- Having holiday fun at new horse event
- Mapping the bay’s features
- Rail took iron and visitors
Visit our websites for...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|