Good showcase for acoustic aces
Last updated at 14:41, Thursday, 26 April 2012
GIG REVIEW: Acoustic Sessions, The Tally Ho, Barrow, Saturday April 21
THIS all-night acoustic gig was already in full flow when I arrived at the Tally Ho, with Perry and Rick, the Two Deadmen from Deadman’s Tequila going through their stripped-down set.
Earlier in the evening, Zach and Robbie had played a set of Oasis and Kooks covers, followed by a set from Steve and Martin from the band Livin’ Endlessly. Solo performer Joe Chapman also delivered some acoustic tunes, reminiscent of the much missed Jeff Buckley.
Following the Two Deadmen, Joe Slater played a single acoustic song and received much applause. Young singer-songwriter Jade Connolly was up next for a brief stint on stage, with her well chosen mix of original compositions and contemporary cover versions. Songs such as Is That Alright? showed the diminutive singer’s powerful voice off to great effect.
Mr Jeff took to the stage next, with his set of choice cover versions and the odd original song.
Barrow certainly has no shortage of acoustic performers, and tonight was a good showcase for just some of them.
First published at 13:20, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|