Feel the farce this summer
Published at 13:50, Thursday, 03 May 2012
THEATRE by the Lake’s summer season kicks off later this month with Alan Ayckbourn’s Bedroom Farce.
A wickedly funny comedy about marriage set in three bedrooms, the show takes to the stage of the main house at the Keswick theatre from Tuesday May 22.
Bedroom Farce was the play in which Ayckbourn, a favourite playwright with Theatre by the Lake audiences, discovered that, if you have four couples on stage but only three bedrooms to put them in, someone will always be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Expect to laugh a lot – and think a bit too.
Trevor and Susannah are having a row and they don’t care where they have it – under the coats on the bed at Malcolm and Kate’s house-warming, with pilchards on toast in bed with the in-laws or on top of Nick in bed with a bad back.
The 14-strong summer season cast will be performing A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen in the studio, and the two plays open simultaneously – a feat that very few theatres have ever attempted.
The show runs until November, with evening performances at 8pm and selected matinee performances at 2pm. Tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Miniature world of railway history comes to county
- Email influx sparks dread
- FOOD REVIEW: Farmers Arms, Lowick
- Woodland products for the textile mills
- I want to hear points of view
- Billy Ocean performing in Barrow
- A town pioneer for adventurous girls
- Turning farm lads into Lord’s new soldiers
- Learn about occupations’ vision rules
- Meters will put off town visitors
- ‘When I get in the boat it’s just so peaceful’
- Oarsome opportunity to try hand at rowing
- How to get started
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Rose growers battle to take the top prize
- Answering call of mobile mania
- Daily dangers faced by merchant sailors
- How ranks were filled
- Remembering our VC winner
- Message of bravery as troops go to war
- FOOD REVIEW: The Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge
- Jobs market is different world
- Skim foot off a lake to keep taps going
Visit our websites for...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|