Dates for your diary
Published at 13:16, Friday, 18 May 2012
l May 20: 11am-3pm,Dock Museum, Talk and taster – sustainable seafood. Come along and take part in an interactive seafood workshop with Diana Brown, a former finalist on Britain’s Best Dish.
Diana will lead you through the preparation of a seafood dish, while offering ideas surrounding sustainable practices for buying and consuming seafood in the north west.
For more information email Nikki Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
l May 23: 10.30am-3.30pm, Barrow’s Wildside group woodland survey day at Abbots Wood.
Everyone is welcome from experienced botanists to those who are completely new to plant identification.
l May 24: 12pm-6pm, White-faced darter dragonfly monitoring, Plumgarths, Kendal.
An opportunity to help with the ongoing monitoring of this now very rare and colourful species of dragonfly on an amazing lowland raised bog. For more information please contact John Dunbavin on 01539 816300.
l June 2: 11am-3pm, Dock Museum – Springwatch launch.
Have some family fun discovering the wildlife of Barrow and find out about all the other great springwatch activities going on throughout the month.
l June 7: 9.30pm-10.30pm, Barrow Island School – Bats of Barrow Island.
Come along and learn a bit about the different types of bats living on Barrow Island.
l June 17: 1pm-3pm, Abbots Wood – An introduction to identifying trees in summer.
l June 19: 11am-12pm, Ormsgill Reservoir – Health and wildlife.
A joint walk with Feet First in Furness as part of their healthy walking initiative.
l June 20: 2pm-4.30pm, Coniston water – Uplands for Juniper project walk.
A walk around Torver Back Common, looking at the hundreds of Juniper which have survived for centuries in the area. Meet at the lay-by on the A5084 near Sunny Bank, Torver.
l June 24: 10am-3pm, Next Ness Nature Reserve – Conservation work party.
You will be helping to remove invasive Himalayan Balsam and to clear the access path and any other tasks the warden decides on the day.
For more information please contact Roger Kingston on 01229 582790.
l July 1: Cross Bay Walk – walk for wildlife across Morecambe Bay.
The eight-mile sponsored walk will be led by the Queen’s Guide to the Sands, Cedric Robinson, on Sunday July 1 from 2.45pm to 6.30pm, and will take in some of the most spectacular sights around the Bay such as Humphrey Head and Arnside Knott. Booking is essential download a form from the Trust’s website or call 01539 816300.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Updated: Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Rescuers come to the aid of injured woman in Lake District
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|