Daniel is on a new adventure
Published at 13:33, Thursday, 31 May 2012
ONE of UK comedy’s fastest rising stars is heading for a double date in South Cumbria.
Precocious 21-year-old stand-up Daniel Sloss will be stopping off in Kendal and Barrow on his latest nationwide tour.
Scotland’s comic prodigy is currently one of the most in-demand talents on the circuit. He started doing stand-up aged 16 and has appeared on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, The Rob Brydon Show, and Mock the Week.
He also starred in his own BBC show, The Adventures of Daniel, and sold out four Edinburgh Fringe seasons from 2008 to 2011 – all before he started to shave.
His October 2009 debut in London’s Soho Theatre made him the youngest stand-up ever to perform a solo season in the West End and he has since performed in Europe, Australia and South East Asia.
To top it all off, he’s recently left home – so, now the gloves are really off (although the dirty socks are still on the floor).
The winner of 2011’s Scottish Variety Award for Best New Comedian will be heading out on a 50-date UK headlining tour this autumn, calling in at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre on Wednesday November 28, and Barrow’s The Forum the next day, on Thursday 29.
Geordie comic Kai Humphries is set to provide support.
Tickets for both shows are on sale now and are available from the respective venues.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|