Daniel is on a new adventure
Published at 13:33, Thursday, 31 May 2012
ONE of UK comedy’s fastest rising stars is heading for a double date in South Cumbria.
Precocious 21-year-old stand-up Daniel Sloss will be stopping off in Kendal and Barrow on his latest nationwide tour.
Scotland’s comic prodigy is currently one of the most in-demand talents on the circuit. He started doing stand-up aged 16 and has appeared on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, The Rob Brydon Show, and Mock the Week.
He also starred in his own BBC show, The Adventures of Daniel, and sold out four Edinburgh Fringe seasons from 2008 to 2011 – all before he started to shave.
His October 2009 debut in London’s Soho Theatre made him the youngest stand-up ever to perform a solo season in the West End and he has since performed in Europe, Australia and South East Asia.
To top it all off, he’s recently left home – so, now the gloves are really off (although the dirty socks are still on the floor).
The winner of 2011’s Scottish Variety Award for Best New Comedian will be heading out on a 50-date UK headlining tour this autumn, calling in at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre on Wednesday November 28, and Barrow’s The Forum the next day, on Thursday 29.
Geordie comic Kai Humphries is set to provide support.
Tickets for both shows are on sale now and are available from the respective venues.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Our links to campaigns of the past
- Giant pond left by the race to exploit our iron riches
- Reminder of town’s first day at Wembley
- Field crammed with 4,000 for country fun
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Salford Quays
- WEDDING ALBUM: Cassie Slattery and Adam Burrow
- FOOD REVIEW: Francescas, Barrow
- From high-tech to bye-bye tech
- Area looking to fresh horizons
- Slave trade opens new talk season
- Digging for the story of island’s wartime role
- Listen to an island story
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Body’s ability to repair itself falls
- Problem ‘just as life-threatening as obesity and poverty’ (1 comment)
- Old adage worth remembering
- Iron riches prompted cross-country route
- Moving ceremony to heal divisions
- Belt badges took two wars to find
- Long tradition of volunteers
- Back to fight for King and country
- Don’t surround jewel in crown with housing
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|