Published at 13:25, Thursday, 03 May 2012
THE internationally-renowned Vienna Festival Ballet is heading for Barrow next week.
Taking place next Wednesday at The Forum, the Tchaikovsky Gala Evening will see the UK-based company perform highlights from some of the best known and most-loved ballets.
Billed as a great introduction to this fascinating form of dance, the show features extracts such as act two of Swan Lake – the famous lakeside scene when Prince Siegfried falls in love with Odette, the Queen of the Swans.
In act one of Sleeping Beauty we see Princess Aurora at her 16th birthday party dancing the famous Rose Adage with four princes.
One of the many highlights will be, by special demand, the famous Black Swan Pas de Deux.
The Vienna Festival Ballet was founded in 1980 by Austrian dancer Peter Mallek, a former pupil of the world-famous ballet master, Pushkin.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|