Published at 13:25, Thursday, 03 May 2012
THE internationally-renowned Vienna Festival Ballet is heading for Barrow next week.
Taking place next Wednesday at The Forum, the Tchaikovsky Gala Evening will see the UK-based company perform highlights from some of the best known and most-loved ballets.
Billed as a great introduction to this fascinating form of dance, the show features extracts such as act two of Swan Lake – the famous lakeside scene when Prince Siegfried falls in love with Odette, the Queen of the Swans.
In act one of Sleeping Beauty we see Princess Aurora at her 16th birthday party dancing the famous Rose Adage with four princes.
One of the many highlights will be, by special demand, the famous Black Swan Pas de Deux.
The Vienna Festival Ballet was founded in 1980 by Austrian dancer Peter Mallek, a former pupil of the world-famous ballet master, Pushkin.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Inflationary times when a brew was 5p
- Reminder from era of RAF base
- Miniature world of railway history comes to county
- Having holiday fun at new horse event
- Mapping the bay’s features
- Rail took iron and visitors
- Emma Corbett and Mark O’Donnell
- Email influx sparks dread
- FOOD REVIEW: Farmers Arms, Lowick
- Woodland products for the textile mills
- I want to hear points of view
- Billy Ocean performing in Barrow
- A town pioneer for adventurous girls
- Turning farm lads into Lord’s new soldiers
- Learn about occupations’ vision rules
- Meters will put off town visitors
- ‘When I get in the boat it’s just so peaceful’
- Oarsome opportunity to try hand at rowing
- How to get started
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Rose growers battle to take the top prize
- Answering call of mobile mania
- Daily dangers faced by merchant sailors
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|