Contemporary fiddlers blazing a trail to the Lakes
Last updated at 13:15, Thursday, 26 April 2012
ONE of the world’s greatest contemporary fiddle bands is set to play the Lakes tomorrow night.
Scotland’s award-winning Blazin’ Fiddles head to the Theatre by the Lake, Keswick, for a set of their own music and tales from the Highlands and islands.
Fiddles and bows blaze away with guitar and piano in a concert that offers a rare opportunity to hear pieces featuring the differing styles of each fiddler. From solo to ensemble sets, they all come together in a fiery blend that raises the roof.
Fiddlers Bruce Macgregor, Allan Henderson, Jenna Reid and Iain Macfarlane are joined by Anna Massie on guitar and Andy Thorburn on keyboard to form one of the best live acts in the genre.
They picked up the Live Band of the Year gong at the Scots Trad Music Awards in 2004, and then the Album of the Year award for Magnificent Seven in 2005.
European festival appearances have included Cambridge Folk Festival, Sidmouth International Music Festival and Scotland’s premier event, Celtic Connections.
The show in Keswick starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the box office.
First published at 13:19, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Field crammed with 4,000 for country fun
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Salford Quays
- FOOD REVIEW: Francescas, Barrow
- From high-tech to bye-bye tech
- Area looking to fresh horizons
- Slave trade opens new talk season
- Digging for the story of island’s wartime role
- Listen to an island story
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Body’s ability to repair itself falls
- Problem ‘just as life-threatening as obesity and poverty’
- Old adage worth remembering
- Iron riches prompted cross-country route
- Moving ceremony to heal divisions
- Belt badges took two wars to find
- Long tradition of volunteers
- Back to fight for King and country
- Don’t surround jewel in crown with housing
- Being part of union works
- When the fairground rides arrived in Barrow
- Inflationary times when a brew was 5p
- Reminder from era of RAF base
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|