Charity cream teas to celebrate the jubilee
Published at 13:13, Friday, 01 June 2012
By Jo Davies
CELEBRATE the Diamond Jubilee with a traditional afternoon tea – and raise money for worthy causes at the same time.
Two establishments in south Cumbria are having charity afternoon teas this weekend. The Lindeth Howe ‘Queen’s Jubilee Cream Tea Party’ will take place from 2pm to 4pm tomorrow in the hotel gardens overlooking Windermere if the weather is kind, or moved inside into the hotel if inclement.
Those supporting the Jubilee event, which is raising money for the Bendrigg Trust, will pay £5 for an adult and £2 for a child.
Meanwhile The Orangery Cafe, at St Mary’s Hospice, is offering a cream tea, costing £5.50 per person, served each day until Tuesday June 5, between 11am and 3pm to raise money for the hospice.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|