Charity cream teas to celebrate the jubilee
Published at 13:13, Friday, 01 June 2012
By Jo Davies
CELEBRATE the Diamond Jubilee with a traditional afternoon tea – and raise money for worthy causes at the same time.
Two establishments in south Cumbria are having charity afternoon teas this weekend. The Lindeth Howe ‘Queen’s Jubilee Cream Tea Party’ will take place from 2pm to 4pm tomorrow in the hotel gardens overlooking Windermere if the weather is kind, or moved inside into the hotel if inclement.
Those supporting the Jubilee event, which is raising money for the Bendrigg Trust, will pay £5 for an adult and £2 for a child.
Meanwhile The Orangery Cafe, at St Mary’s Hospice, is offering a cream tea, costing £5.50 per person, served each day until Tuesday June 5, between 11am and 3pm to raise money for the hospice.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|